Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend accomplishments

I was able to finish of a few spinning projects as well as a knitting project. So exciting for me!  The first to be completed was the red aqua Corriedale wool that I was Navajo plying on the fly. 3 ply of bulky vibrancy. I had completed one skein earlier in the month, and I really wanted to finish this one too. It is best to finish spinning for one purpose at once so that the weight and spin qualities are more similar. It has happened before that I have had to scrap spinning projects because I could not match my work a month later. No worries though, I always find a use for everything !  

Next I plied some singles of massam fibre that I considered keeping as singles and then weaving with them, but who knows why I felt like a 2 ply all of a sudden. So I did!!

I also spun the singles for the first skein of fruit salad coloured merino. I will have to make 2 more, but it spins quickly and I should be able to get the rest done his week. I am not a super thrilled withy self on this one. I see way too many flaws to be completely satisfied with my effort. Oh well?

I also had a lot of bobbins with bits of singles that were left over from plying their respective projects. So I spun th all together to make a buffet of fibre is relatively the same weight. Here there is angora, merino and nylon. Maybe some polwarth too. Anyway it is cute!  And incredibly soft. Might be good as is for decorative purposes. Or to make a super cute doll blanket?

Finally, I finished knitting Angelina's mittens. I hope they fit her. I will mail them soon. These were made from home spindle spun wool/llama fibre and will hopefully be warm enough. I am going to have to beat out an honest answer so I know how well this yarn will keep fingers warm!  That's it!  For now....

No comments:

Post a Comment