Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What's in my bag

It's that time again...time to choose three projects and stick with them until at least one is complete.  I decided to finish a pair of socks that had had second sock syndrome, and also continue working on my Oh natural mittens.  Plus a bit of spinning...
soooooo, here they are:
Tadpoles socks


The second sock will not look like the first.  I am not patient enough to go looking for the next repletion.  They will be what they are, and they will be just fine.

Here is my spinning project, which is a Merino that is from Uberwench, called peasoup.

I am fractal spinning this batch, in other words, I am using math again.  I split the top in half lengthwise, and spun the first single from one of these halves.  The other half will be split into 3 lengths, and spun end for end.  When the two singles are plied, I will have a nice pattern to my yarn.  At least I hope so.

And finally, the result of my spinning to have a 4 shaded natural wool coloured mitten. 

Guess what?  My math was wrong, and I only have 2.25 of the colours in the final mitten.  I am just finishing the cuff now.  I will make the second mitten to match it, and then I will work on my ratios again, so I can have my whole mitten be the 4 colours that I envision in my head.

So, hopefully by the end of today, I will have 2 new projects in my bag!  Maybe.

1 comment: