Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Mitten yarn

I have a small dilemma with my knitting bag. There are 3 of them. Since returning from a month overseas, I have not touched any of my old projects, other than the spindles. Although, with the spindles the focus was to make them empty so I could make something else. I do not feel inspired to work on my old UFOs. They will have to wait.  Like I mentioned in a previous post, I am perfecting an original design mitt. Now I am coming up with sizes. The goal will be to make well-fitting mittens for gifts, for purchase, whatever.  As I have quite a stash of yarn, I can make a lot of mittens!   Heh. Not. Good. Enough. I want to make my own yarn for the mittens. When I have an idea I want to try, I have to try it. I am not satisfied with putting ideas aside. I made a mitten yarn for my mitten pattern. I can't wait to knit it. Here it is. 
This is the plied yarn on my spindle. It consists of a llama single (from roving i purchased at london-wul) and a dyed blue faced Leicester single (fleece artist).  Plied to make a bulky weight yarn. The llama is what I am excited about!  So I have to make an identical batch of this, so my mittens have the same colour pattern.  For now I have this one.
Making a skein so I can set the ply. 
The finished skein is soft and wonderful,  it is almost dry. Then I start the next one!

Maybe one day I will get back to my UFOs.

1 comment:

  1. UFO's are highly overrated - they get too much attention - on with bigger and better projects, I say!!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete