Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

I'm back

A month in Italy.  It was an amazing trip.  I did not knit or spin or do anything crafty.  But I did get inspired.  The colours, the landscape, the use of space, the coffee, and the sentiments of the Italian people.  Some of the inspiration is bottled in my soul and it will come out in projects, as time passes.  In the meantime, I made a mitten.  An original design that I will be making better when I make the second mitt, which addresses annoying holes where the thumb meets the hand, without a complicated patter.  It took very little time to whip this up, with double strand and 7mm needles from my favorite needle company, the river John needle company.  Handcrafted is always better.
Don't worry, I'll weave in those loose ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment