Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Updating Ravelry

Groups of friends, stashing yarn and handspun fibres, searching for projects, posting the progress.  I use ravelry, mostly to find patterns for what I am thinking of knitting or crocheting, and not fully for what I could use it for.  For those that have not been exposed to ravelry, it is an online "pattern bank" (both free and for fee), with the ability to link all the projects made by ravelry people to the pattern they used, and also by the yarn they used.  So if you have a particular yarn you purchased and you want to see what other people made with it, you can check it out.  There is a friends list, groups, tutorials, patterns, and a yarn database that is very handy.  I do add to my ravelry "queue" things I would like to make "soon", but in reality, I don't actually look at it much.  I make things based on how I feeling, and if I am not inspired to make something I usually don't.  The inspiration has to be both from the yarn, the pattern and who is going to receive the finished product.  For instance, if someone asks me to make something, I am more likely to finish it in a day then I would finish something I am making for myself or my family.  The inspiration, is that it will make the person happy.  You are asking, "why would you not want to make your family happy?".  I do.  But they are the receivers of lots of knitted goods, and they can wait.

I was going through my ravelry projects, and saw that I had not posted photos of the some of the work I had done.  So I dug out what I could and the plan is to update ravelry with them today.  For now, you can see what's up, right here in this blog.

This is Calvin and Hobbes...Hobbes was the first thing I made using Intarsia, and frankly, I didn't understand how to do it right, so he has some flaws...Calvin doesn't mind.
 

This is yarn I made for mittens, see the previous blog post.
 
 
 
This is the fibre I am spinning right now to make the second ball, so my mittens match - Blue faced Leicester wool, from Fleece Artist
 
 
This is the llama fibre that makes up the second ply of the yarn, from London-Wul
 
 
My next colour combination of mittens.  I usually always use at least one strand of the Lismore Sheep Farm 2 ply. 





This is the first child sizing I made, to fit a 8 year old, made from New Zealand Possum and Lismore Sheep Farm wool
 

This is a Ladies size, made form some wool and alpaca blends.
 

My first pair, the test, to fit me, made from hand painted Lismore Sheep Farm Wool and a fluffy 1 ply purple yarn.
 

I am spinning some black welsh, will be used in my series of natural wool only (no dyes) mittens.
 

This is a fun spin, yak and merino, on my first supported spindle which I love.


A large child size in the works (these are now completed)
 

My waves top, that I haven't touched since returning home from Italy.
 

I picked up this Massam fibre...spun a bit and knitted it to see how I like it.  This will make a great addition to a mitten, as it is very strong (usually used in rug making)
 

I also have this new bit of dyed Merino from Uberwench, purchased at The Loop Craft Café.
 
 
So, this stuff will be updated to Ravelry sometime...and maybe I'll try to keep it up to date!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you knitted Hobbes!!! Brings me way back!!

    ReplyDelete