Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Another chart repeat

For the longest time I was tentative about making anything that had a chart. Not sure what I was worried about: maybe forgetting what all the symbols meant? Or of losing my place? There would be a little square or symbols and the directions would say "repeat this" so many times. How would I keep track? For someone who picks up and puts down her knitting quite often and for periods of time in between , I was Going to have to come up with a plan to keep track of it all. my plan was to use sticky notes and as I finished the row I would cover that row and know that I would have to start from the next number on my next round. the problem with that, is that it would cover the round below and so I couldn't see the whole pattern and I didn't have as much intuition built into my knitting as what I would like. What's the next logical plan? clear sticky notes...that's the next logical plan don't you think? I thought so too. I ended up using those little sticky notes that people use to flag pages to be signed in a document, where there's a little colored tab with a little piece of tape. See-through and coloured - I had it all! But did i? last week I got myself an iPhone and I started to explore all of the applications that you can get for the iPhone, Including knitting apps. There is an app that I got called stitchminder, and I can use the app to keep track of what row I am on and what row of a pattern I am on and which pattern repeat I am on. Good thing, because my sticky notes always fall off eventually!
I love making lace and using charts, it adds a flair and in testing texture to all the other decisions one must make when choosing a project and project supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment