Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Decisions...desicions...

I am thrilled to report that I have finished two UFOs!  You know what that means!  I get to start something new!  i am so excited!  This is always an exciting time for me, I have a lot of projects queued up on Ravelry (the place I document my projects and what I am working on).  You can check it out if you are a member of ravelry: it's free to join.  Check out ravelry, it's fun! appleomyeye is my user name, if you come across me, you can see what I am working on!  With ravelry you have access to a listing of all the knitting patterns ever created, some free, some you pay for, and some you have to buy the book to have access to them.  It is like a head-rush looking at all the inventive ways people use knitting and crocheting to create garments and accessories and home decor.  One can I get lost in it! 

It is on Ravelry that I found the next sock pattern I want to make.  But, here's the thing...I can't decide between two.  I know what yarn i would use if I made either one.  Both are in my stash.  PrObLeM (red lights blinking, loud sound of honking from the periphery)...I must only start one until I get two more UFOs done.

Let me introduce to you my options:

first patternParaphernalia  by Taina Anttila
It is a gorgeous looking sock that would look great with a sock yarn by Heidi Wulfraat that I have: Heidi's by Hand.  Heidi is a fibre artist and has a shop close to where I live.  If you ever get the chance to see her shop or take a class, do it. check out London Wul's website

second patternCrystal Socklet by Lynn DT Hershberger
I like the shape and look of this two colour socklet.  Since summer is coming (please?), it would be nice to have a shorter sock to go with my sneakers...The yarn I have for this is Heritage Paints by Cascade Yarns and a solid color in red.

How will I decide?  childhood game of selecting?  pick a hand?  close my eyes, spin around and point?  (in an impish squint, eyebrow raised, and a smirk unfolding- just on one side) do both?

Yep, that might be my only option.

No comments:

Post a Comment